Global omnifulfillment platform ShipBob have announced the release of their first ever 2022 State of Ecommerce Fulfillment Report, highlighting how ecommerce brands are approaching expansion and adapting their fulfillment strategies this year. These insights will help brands identify the key trends and the steps others are already taking within the industry.
Shopping & Shipping
One section of the report looks at various global shopping and shipping trends, keying in on the importance of free shipping and how brands are approaching global expansion to reach a wider audience. ShipBob also documents the surge in online shopping during the pandemic and details how brands plan to grow globally, specifically calling out key 2022 global expansion trends, such as:
- Approximately 56% of brands plan to either ship or fulfil orders from new countries in 2022.
- 32% of brands will start physically fulfilling orders in new countries in 2022.
The report dives into expectations for 2022 and beyond, and touches on the most important ecommerce brand priorities for the year and how they are likely to play an even more impactful role in the years to come.
- More than 70% of brands will add at least one new sales channel in 2022.
- Nearly 32% of brands will fulfil orders in a new country in 2022.
- Just under 25% of brands always offer site-wide free shipping for domestic orders.
- In the US, 35% of all ecommerce orders and GMV are in 4 states: California, Texas, New York, and Florida.
ShipBob also looks at rebounded time-in-transit performance from shipping carriers and how deliveries are back to pre-COVID timelines — key information for the ecommerce industry in 2022 and beyond. ShipBob is able to compile a vast amount of shipping carrier data by aggregating the tens of millions of shipments they process for thousands of brands each year.
In 2022, we are really seeing shopper expectations grow and mature, Now, more than ever before, it is crucial for brands to go above and beyond to delight their consumers who are now adamant about the high-level, nearly flawless execution of the shipping/fulfillment service they deserve. With this data report, we want to highlight these trends while also showing brands how to provide a personalized and effective purchase and post-purchase experience when utilizing best-in-class supply chain capabilities.
– Dhruv Saxena, Co-Founder & CEO, ShipBob
The post ShipBob reveals State of Ecommerce Fulfilment Report appeared first on Tamebay.