With the hotly anticipated finale of Love Island series 9 fast approaching, pre-loved fashion partner eBay has revealed searches for ‘pre-loved fashion’ on the marketplace have increased by more than 1400% this series compared to last at the same stage – showing how the partnership is continuing to change the game for consumer mindsets and shopping habits.
As the drama heats up following Casa Amor, so has the appetite for pre-loved items, with the Islanders decked out in pre-loved for movie night. And it’s not just the Islanders who are sharing and re-wearing, but viewers at home too, with shoppers looking to eBay to get their pre-loved fits inspired by the looks seen on their favourite girls and boys.
From the very first episode, the Islanders have been busy raiding the eBay wardrobe in the villa – from bomber jackets, to maxi dresses and co-ords from sought-after brands – looking stylish night after night in their pre-loved fits.
I thought for a long time about the brands to select for the villa wardrobe this year, building out on last year’s wardrobe with islander favourites like Reiss and Meshki with the addition of more luxury brands such as Prada and Issey Miyake. It’s so great to see the pre-loved clothes being so loved by the Islanders, especially the sharing and re-wearing we have seen this season. Also to know consumers are taking inspiration and shopping pre-loved for themselves marks a real change in the fashion industry. There’s been a real mix of brands this year – classics like Ralph Lauren, Levis and Wolford and then more fashion forward brands like Acne Studios, JW Anderson, Mki Miyuki, Mugler and Dries Van Noten that have been all over social media too!
– Amy Bannerman, eBay’s Pre-Loved Fashion Stylist
With a surge in searches for pre-loved fashion, eBay has revealed the most sought-after brands by shoppers and Islanders alike, since the show began:
- Ralph Lauren has been hugely popular amongst all Islanders, with the Ralph Lauren Varsity Jacket bomber jacket being re-worn by Shaq, Spencer and Jessie – because sharing is caring! And, it seems the popularity has spilled over to viewers of the show, with there being more than one search every minute (1,872 searches a day) for the brand on eBay throughout this series so far.
- eBay has also revealed a surge of searches for all things Nike (1.04 searches per minute, 1,479 per day), as shoppers have clearly been inspired by the brand throughout the show, including the Nike White and Grey High Top Dunks worn by Kai during last week’s movie night – memorable trainers, for a (maybe not so) memorable night. Shoppers wanting to share Kai’s style can head to eBay, where all shoes come with an Authenticity Guarantee to show they’re the real deal!
- Also showing huge popularity on movie night and throughout the show, Reiss has been searched for by shoppers 1,152 times per day (0.8 times per minute) since the show began. Showing off the brand in last week’s Movie Night episodes, Martin dazzled in a Purple Reiss Long Sleeve Knit, Casey in a Black Reiss Shirt with White Edging, and Tom in a Reiss Polo Grey Bomber Jacket – you can shop similar looks here
- Dressing fit for a red carpet, for movie night we saw Sanam, Jessie and Tanyakitted out in sought-after brand, House of CB – searched for 360 times a day (0.25 times per minute) by shoppers on eBay. Sanam shone in a coral House of CB Midi Dress, Jessie stunned in a long light-brown leg slit number, and Tanya dazzled in a brown corseted dress.
We love how our partnership with Love Island is continuing to change how consumers shop. Even more people are coming to eBay to shop the pre-loved looks in the Villa from a range of top brands on eBay this series compared to last, and we hope this mindset of conscious shopping continues to grow.
– Kirsty Keoghan, Global GM of Fashion, eBay
Since the partnership announcement last summer, eBay has been on a mission to change the way we shop, encouraging the nation to be more considerate in their fashion purchases. To give shoppers a helping hand, eBay UK is selling similar looks seen on the show on its dedicated Pre-Loved hub.
The post Pre-loved fashion trend continues to rise appeared first on ChannelX.